When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia shaft drive help...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Mikeob

Look Ma, No Hands!
I have a question about the back hub installation, not sure on how to install this hub, does this hub need a inner axel? I tried inserting a ND back hub axel but that was to thick, so i inserted a front hub axel which is thinner and it fit but not long enough. Am i correct on needing an axel or am i missing something. Thank you for any input.

20210402_144352.jpg

20210402_144337.jpg

20210402_144343.jpg

IMG_20210327_201739223.jpg

IMG_20210316_195601581.jpg

IMG_20210301_211210008.jpg

There is an axle that goes through and works like a modern thru-axle. It screws into an adjustable cylinder that is threaded on the inside ( for the axle) and the outside ( to adjust the spacing between gears) there is also a lock nut to hold the adjustment.

Thank you, first time ive owned or worked on a shaft drive. This has been a huge help. Now i just need to find me the axel,
Thank you again, really appreciate it
Mike

Thank you, first time ive owned or worked on a shaft drive. This has been a huge help. Now i just need to find me the axel,
Thank you again, really appreciate it
Mike
I might have a spare or can make you one on the lathe but I don't have a lot of time at this moment. Do you have the other adjusting cylinder?

Back