When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

columbia? shaft drive

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

soulshine73

Finally riding a big boys bike
just picked up this shaft drive. seems to be a columbia but the head badge is missing. anyone know the date or model. has a model 8 hub.

if dating by the hub using the post I posted below, if brake arm is original
Corbin Duplex Coaster Brake Model 8 - 1909 to 1922

there is also this info :
Corbin Duplex Coaster Brake for Chainless Bicycles. - known 1906 (1906 cat Post #27)

maybe try to remove all that thick grease and find a serial number, might help the more experienced Columbia collectors pin-point a year and model

Last edited:

Corbin Duplex Coaster Brake for Chainless Bicycles. - known 1906 (1906 cat Post #27)

maybe try to remove all that thick grease and find a serial number, might help the more experienced Columbia collectors pin-point a year and model

thank you. for the info. seems i forgot to upload the serial number.here it is now

It sure looks like a Columbia built chainless and a ghost of a Columbia badge? Where are the badge holes? I can send you key to the various Columbia chainless models.

Hi, @soulshine73

For Westfield, K in this sequence should be 1919. But I'm not sure what the second line of numbers is for. They may have been stamped at a different time judging by the distortion in the bb around them.

Best Regards,

Adrian

Back