When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Special Deluxe Barn find

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I really like the reds and burgundy colors that take on a nice effect with time. I got my hands on a correct red rack with the proper amount of weathering to match. As you know, the tank will be a hens teeth thing. I am going try my hand at faux patina paint job on a reproduction chain guard. I just would like to see if I can get it close to matching the original patina. I am in the research stage at the moment. If anyone can direct me to a step by step process on "Faux Patina" paint, much appreciated.
Trial and error works the best for me. Razin.

20190906_154901.jpg

20190906_154911.jpg

My attempt at a faux patina paint job. This is the base. I emptied my rustoleum spray cans, primer, black, browns, reds and gold.

20190930_122314.jpg

My fork needs a splice operation. The treads are crushed, and may be the reason this old steed was put out to pasture. I'm still in surch of a donor to attach to forks. It would be nice to cut into bent fork or girls fork. Still looking.

Back