When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia tank help

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Shawn Michael

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Hi, I recently got this Columbia in a trade. I thought I had the correct tank for it in my collection. The bike is a Columbia DeLuxe with many incorrect parts but is a nice rider. The serial number on the rear drop out is gone. I can only barely read 027 on the end. What tank would go on this model with a straight bar? Any idea of a year? I'm thinking maybe late 50's. My coffin tank is 19.5" from end to end.
Thanks, Shawn M.

20190923_104749.jpg

20190923_094300.jpg

20190923_104825.jpg

20190923_102438.jpg

20190923_104327.jpg

Primer tank is a Columbia prewar repop, your coffin tank looks like its off a 24 in. model, a 26 coffin ( late 40's ) will fit but probably a 50's 5 star would be better. hard to tell without the #'s but Columbia guys might be able to narrow it down by other features like the plastic caps on the struts?. Good luck

It may have come without a tank. If it did it would be the 50's wing style tank. Image from the 1955 catalog.

Screen Shot 2019-09-24 at 4.02.27 AM.png

So do any of you have a 24" Columbia bike with a tank to measure for comparison? What does my tank fit at 19.5" long?

Back