When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Tank Help ?

-

Superman1984

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
So I have what I believe is a '51 Columbia and this push button bell tank.

and I bought it with intentions / thinking I could duplicate this bike

BUT with what's inside of my tank won't allow me to even bolt the tank together on my frame so any idea of who owns this bike, what the differences and was there mods to do so ???

I am thinking I bought a woman's tank and there is a similar style tank but made different for a men's :(

The blue one is for a girls bike.
So is there a tank made like the last pic I posted for a men's bike ??? I am building a custom project and I kinda don't want a full length original tank nor the prices that come with them

Hopefully you did not pay a lot for the girl's tank. You own it. Maybe do some trimming to fit between the bars. Cut to fit. Then make some brackets / through bolts to hold the halves tightly together. Might be what you want. Might be fun!

Hopefully you did not pay a lot for the girl's tank. You own it. Maybe do some trimming to fit between the bars. Cut to fit. Then make some brackets / through bolts to hold the halves tightly together. Might be what you want. Might be fun!
$28 so not out much & I will be cutting/modifying to use it since full length tanks seem to be pretty pricey for custom builds. Thanks guys

Back