When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Three Star question...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Jamie_h

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm trying to figure out what bicycle my father had as a child. Him and his brother received the same bike at Christmas in 1954 or 1955. They say it was a Columbia, with a tank (horn button on the side), no springer front end, it did have a headlight on the front fender, and neither had a rear luggage rack. They would be 9 or ten years old at that time, so not sure what size bike they received. I assume a boys size. I can't find a similar outfitted bike from those years..unless the luggage rack was a dealer option that Santa didn't choose for them? Both bikes were black and red. Any ideas? i assume it was a three star since the family wasn't very well off and they had to buy two bikes...but thats a guess..

Probably not a 3 Star as they had luggage racks. There was a model line called "Boys Juvenile Equipped" that sounds more like they had.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 1.05.59 AM.png

Oh wow, thanks for the information. I have already sent a screenshot to my father to see if it jars his memory. Now time to start looking for one! LOL

Back