When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Three Star question...

-

Jamie_h

Look Ma, No Hands!
I'm trying to figure out what bicycle my father had as a child. Him and his brother received the same bike at Christmas in 1954 or 1955. They say it was a Columbia, with a tank (horn button on the side), no springer front end, it did have a headlight on the front fender, and neither had a rear luggage rack. They would be 9 or ten years old at that time, so not sure what size bike they received. I assume a boys size. I can't find a similar outfitted bike from those years..unless the luggage rack was a dealer option that Santa didn't choose for them? Both bikes were black and red. Any ideas? i assume it was a three star since the family wasn't very well off and they had to buy two bikes...but thats a guess..

Probably not a 3 Star as they had luggage racks. There was a model line called "Boys Juvenile Equipped" that sounds more like they had.

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 1.05.59 AM.png

Oh wow, thanks for the information. I have already sent a screenshot to my father to see if it jars his memory. Now time to start looking for one! LOL

Back