When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia Thunderbolt: Real, or Reproduction?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

soddruntlestuntle

Wore out three sets of tires already!
First off, yes these pictures suck, I did not take them. Anyway I’m considering this Columbia that i found online, but I can find no other similar bikes, which makes me wonder if this isn’t one of those knock-offs they reproduced back in thd nineties… now I know even less about Columbias than I do about Schwinns, anyone have an idea while I wait for the seller to respond to my queries?

419CD1D1-C680-43E1-A3C9-69DDF5FC0792.jpeg

3BEE9D75-D94F-43D0-92AD-6DE18A5F0C44.jpeg

240A561C-D292-45B3-8FFA-809E850B77D9.jpeg

I don't think they reproduced that, to new. Looks like a middleweight. Here's a serial list if the seller mentioned the number in the listing.

He didn’t list the number and apparently doesn’t know where to find it— I get the impression that he’s not a Bike Guy.

Not a repop...that bike looks all original plus it has great lines. Its a ladies bike which lessens it desirability and value but that may not be a factor in your buying decision but should be reflected in the price. Bikes like this too often become cash cow organ donors which is a shame after having survived so many years.

In case anyone is curious what happened with this, dude never got back to me with better pix or more info, and wasn't flexible on his listed price, which I thought was too high, so I passed on it. Onward.

Back