When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia torpedo bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I’d guess mid late 50’s. Leave the light it came with it. I’d just wash, lube, and ride. If you google Columbia bicycle serial numbers you should get a hit. I know that info is here on the Cabe but the search engine is kinda finicky. Happy trails!
Thank you! The only one I found was D49467 which isn't in the list of Serial numbers I saw on here. Wanting to fix anything that is broken, so I thought knowing what year would help

You are probably right, that's why I haven't done anything to it except clean it up very carefully. For now I just wanted to know specifics on the bike and I took some time this evening looking up what information I can find. Great piece of the past and I definitely don't want to change that 😊

My first classic bike was a 1963 COLUMBIA TORPEDO. Women’s model, metallic aqua and white. It was a junker, but it was the start of my bike problem.

I would leave this alone but give it a mechanical restoration. True the wheels, replace any damaged spokes. New tires and tubes, clean and re-lube all the moving parts (bearings, chain, etc), fix the original light (that’s worth about 10 times what you paid for the bike!).

Back