When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia twin bar bicycles - how many are out there????

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I think an original paint specimen is few and far beween...would like to see a catalog or ad pic.
Much easier to cobble together with not so rare available parts.
My opinion is that it is the same frame fork as a '36 Blackhawk and was a transitional piece... I don't think this frame looks like it went with this suspended tank ideally, in particular at the curved down tube (as it does with the Columbia motorbikes).
I still really like this bike and would love to have one even though it looks slapped together at the factory to sunset the twinbar frames.
Also, I am curious about Catfish's bike's rack as it attaches like a Blackhawk yet the others I have seen mount at the seat clamp.
Chris

Last edited:
The frames are not the same....... The Columbia, and Elgin frames were made at the same factory at the same time, but they are far from being the same. The Columbia frames have more steel in them. And the chain adjusters are different. On the Columbia frames they look like this, but without the extra weld....

Westy10_zps5ed24fa3.jpg

The Elgin frames just have the flat pressed drop outs.

I think an original paint specimen is few and far beween...would like to see a catalog or ad pic.
Much easier to cobble together with not so rare available parts.
My opinion is that it is the same frame fork as a '36 Blackhawk and was a transitional piece... I don't think this frame looks like it went with this suspended tank ideally, in particular at the curved down tube (as it does with the Columbia motorbikes).
I still really like this bike and would love to have one even though it looks slapped together at the factory to sunset the twinbar frames.
Also, I am curious about Catfish's bike's rack as it attaches like a Blackhawk yet the others I have seen mount at the seat clamp.
Chris

Wow, Thanks Mr Columbia! Mine (the one yeshoney was selling) is definitely a later style because I have no holes for the drop stand clip. I actually have the correct saddle it looks like and I have the shell of an aluminum horn light. Now I just need to find a green tank and rack, do you think they all came fully equipt?

This one is back with a lower "Buy it now". And you can make an offer. So what would a fair offer be on this bike?

Back