When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia with Pipes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I also remember the pipes being an accessory you could buy and put on your bike when I was a kid. Never had the money to get them though. Roger

hey big-boy....
DSC00186.JPG
DSC00212.JPG

DSC00189.JPG

Well.....as long as we are discussing factory accessories on Columbia .......Check out my Columbia factory built "Cowboy" bike. It is not a middleweight and has no lake-pipes but it sure is kool [I think] I purchased it from fellow Caber Bricycle and he assured me[ I had some doubts, that he put to rest] it is authentic and that it was factory built by Columbia to compete in answer to the cowboy bike craze started by Rollfast bicycle's, Hopalong Casidy model.
Pictured is my neighbor , riding it.
007.JPG
003.JPG

Supposedly Columbia had a carpenter working at the plant name Bob Shorts [ or affectionately known at the plant as just plain old "B.S."] that came up with the idea. Never was much of a hit as much work was required to produce. Maybe only a few exist today.
None the less it was another true classic and survivor from the past. :) I would love to install those lake pipes on this bike!
Maybe Bricycle would care to shed some more light on the facts of this fine bike he sold me.[ none too cheaply I might add.] He assured me it is a true classic and can only appreciate in value....can always count on a fellow Caber! Thank You Bricycle !:):):)

006.JPG

Tinker (alias baloney sausage), I think you purchased this bike from Pricycle, whom I sometimes get confused with. ('course I often am confused). I have a pair of lake pipes I paid $50.00 off e-bay, but I will give you a real deal for your wheel.

The Columbia factory always installed the six shooters pointed to the west. This bike is obviously one of the contraband re-pops made in Moldova during the Cold War. Only a few were smuggled through the Iron Curtain before the hole was plugged. One of the other dead giveaways is the unibrow on the horse's face which was patterned after Leonid Brezhnev himself.

You have a national treasure there...a national treasure!

Back