When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Columbia WWI Military Model Repatriated Back to the USA

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

New Mexico Brant

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I finally got around to reassembling the Columbia Military Model that was discovered in France. Colin Kirsch @Wing Your Heel bought it from a dealer who found the bike in a countryside attic. It reportedly was used to transport American soldiers to work in a sawmill used to produce lumber for trenchworks.

FCCE27E3-4643-4861-86FF-7BD24511502A.jpeg

19183526-E495-40C5-AEAD-79F92BCB7FE7.jpeg

80B1507F-80EC-4490-863D-8AEBCF33CEF6.jpeg

C739C203-E131-4AED-90F5-5DF5C6DC942A.jpeg

DB5AEDCE-7A3A-4DC8-A148-0BAB658F9A9B.jpeg

I finally got around to reassembling the Columbia Military Model that was discovered in France. Colin Kirsch @Wing Your Heel bought it from a dealer who found the bike in a countryside attic. It reportedly was used to transport American soldiers to work in a sawmill used to produce lumber for trenchworks.

View attachment 1275902

View attachment 1275899

View attachment 1275900

View attachment 1275901

View attachment 1275903
Awesome bike!, it's a good feeling that the bike made it's way home after many decades overseas

If you get a chance I'd love to get a tracing of the USA stamp on the saddle. One of my winter projects is to rebuild a new saddle for my 1917 Military Model. What's the serial number?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If you get a chance I'd love to get a tracing of the USA stamp on the saddle. One of my winter projects is to rebuild a new saddle for my 1917 Military Model. What's the serial number?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The serial number is: USA748.
I will try to get a tracing but the imprint is quite light. Would photos and measurements help?

Hello Brant;
We can say that he will have seen the country, i did not think that Colin still had him.
I am very happy for you that you have acquired him and as you say at home: he is in a good house now.
Regards;
Serge

Back