When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Complete Original Schwinn Motorbike Find!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

jeffstepek

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just picked up this original complete Motorbike from the grandson of the original owner. I’ve had my eyes open for a find like this for 25+ years. Quite excited. Any thoughts, suggestions on whether to restore or any other input appreciated.
3577fb6de130d146463ee9e63e393d8a.jpg

ce73b1d8f41e7618588e40fce7fe1b85.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me all it needs is a light cleaning, a full service, tires and some grips. It would be a shame to wipe away all that wonderful history! Congrats on a great find!!!

Thanks Mike. Think I will just give it a good cleaning/service as you said. The chrome is just so bad tho.

Thanks Mike. Think I will just give it a good cleaning/service as you said. The chrome is just so bad tho.

Check out some of the bikes here in this thread. You'll be surprised how much more popular a crusty original is than a restored bike. Best thing is you don't have to invest much dough into getting it back on the road. Just a lil elbow grease, new rubber and any mechanically worn parts. No paint, chrome, prep ,etc. You can always go back and do a full resto if you end up changing your mind...Just a thought. The bike is yours to do what you wish. Have fun and enjoy.

I agree with fordmike, just a light clean up on the paint, wd40 steel wool 0000 and maybe some wax and just sell the chrome parts and buy better ones. Might be able to help you on the bars and spring

Very cool. You will be surprised how the painted parts come back to life with a careful cleaning.

The chrome parts can be replaced but og paint is a ONE time proposition.

Congrats.

Great find. Clean it up some and leave it as found. Congratulations on a really nice bike.

If the rust bothers you there are some good products to remove that. As for the paint....if it were mine id go easy and wash around decals and wash carefully around brittle or chipped paint otherwise luke warm water and mild dish soap will do wonders. Not much should hurt the paint with the latter method...it is lead paint so clean your hands after or better wear gloves...if you disassamble be prepared for frozen bolts/ nuts so soak the stuff with a wd-40 or equivalent for days so the stuff goes to work to reduce harming threads. Newer tires and good used grips weathered ones will blend well. Have fun with your new toy...remember these things are not ours....we simply get to take care of them for the next guy or next generation.... Glad you found it....most went to bicycle heaven...

Last edited:
Back