When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Condundrum: Restoration vs Renovation

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
So your premise is: Pure preservation isn't worth it because of the paint job, making irrelevant any attempt to restore to original, period-correct?

yeah pretty much.
haven't seen the bike but in general a monark rocket doesn't tend to be a rare or particularly desirable bicycle, so if it had anything really going for it original condition would be it.

you'd be terribly upside-down with a "restoration", just do what you want with it and enjoy it.

All helpful, thanks...though not sure I understand what you mean by "upside-down."
You'd have more money into it than you could get reselling it.

A true "museum quality" correct restoration could cost around $3k to do... professional paint, chrome, saddle, correct original replacement parts, etc. for a resale value of half that.

Gotcha.

TheCABE collective has heuristically programmed an algorithmic computation for me...

Look Dave, I can see you're really upset about this. I honestly think you ought to sit down calmly, take a stress pill, and think things over.
Haha.

T, I did take the time to read your well written and meticulously crafted post. At the end of the day, this bike is not original anymore and you can do any of the things mentioned in your post. The only limiting factors could be budget and parts availability. Do what YOU want to do to it and ride it!

9a0fb55e5217df6576f7?rik=VynrLiyA4E8xHQ&pid=ImgRaw.gif

Back