When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

converting wood wheels

-

ssum2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Would like to convert wood rims for standard tube wheels been hearing about conversion can any give me some direction have bike that I dont want to put 29

Search for routering wood wheels. The other way is to change from wood rim to 29er or 700c rims. The price is cheaper for routering the rims, you'd have to ship them to someone that does them. Again search function.

B35707D9-3422-496F-BBEB-A8809783C5B5.jpeg
1B61A747-4208-4EF5-961D-37B38EC8E09F.jpeg
Buy some custom made Stutzmann 700C wooden clincher rims. Maybe the best alternative...

I've routered a several wood rims & metal clad wood rims. The main problem that I have with the wood ones is that they seem to be an odd size. The 700mm ISO 622 tires are almost impossible to get on (too tight) & the 27x1 1/4 ISO 630 are too loose. Can't pump them up enough for riding, only for display. The metal clads seem a little more consistent for the 700's, also I feel confidant to router them a little deeper as the metal adds more sidewall strength. I then faux wood them as the plating is usually shot anyway. Stutsmann's look like a pretty good way to go.

You have to write, or call and leave a message I believe.
They're based in Baltic, Ohio.
Call :
330-897-1391
There's no other way unfortunately.
The reason is he's Amish, so old school communication. There are several people on here that have used his wheels and they look great.

The reason is he's Amish, so old school communication. There are several people on here that have used his wheels and they look great.
Thanks @stezell, I knew he was Amish and was just requoting information that's been on the Cabe before. If he was online I'm sure he'd be snowed under with requests from people on here, me included, as from what you've already stated, they're are very good looking wheels with a reputation to match. I just wish he had an agent over here in the UK.

Thanks @stezell, I knew he was Amish and was just requoting information that's been on the Cabe before. If he was online I'm sure he'd be snowed under with requests from people on here, me included, as from what you've already stated, they're are very good looking wheels with a reputation to match. I just wish he had an agent over here in the UK.
I don't know dnc1 he might get stoned to death for having the Internet, just kidding.

What is his general charge for these types of rims? Anyone have any experience purchasing from him? I'd need a ballpark before I contact. Make sure I'm not too over my head in this :D

Back