When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool article.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Man, it is great to hear an honest opinion from someone in the business.
I do not fault anyone for making money, or a living. And who doesn't enjoy a good auction?
I may not like the exorbitant prices some of these items bring but I also do not like to see some grieving widow get the knife again when her husband's hobby sells for a few cents on the dollar. Then the items go to another auction soon after like a Mecums or Barrett-Jacksons and skyrocket into another universe while the new sellers gloat on their good fortune.
You made the point in a way I cannot since I am not in that business. I also had not thought of the angle of auctioneers losing business due to their being honest and fair on appraisals.
When I was growing up we were taught to always be honest and fair. You reminded me that doing whats right is not always the easiest path.
Thanks man

Last edited:
Back