When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool Racycle Pacemaker

-

Junkhunter

Finally riding a big boys bike
I'm looking for a little more info on this old Miami built Racycle. I was wondering about how the "self oiling" works. It's not for sale. Just looking for info on year, maybe estimated value. Cool old bike. The sprocket and rear cog sizes don't really make it that much faster I don't think.
photo 1.JPG
photo 3.jpg
photo 4.jpg
photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg

That`s a BAD MACHINE !!! I wish I could help... The Old Timers will chime in soon...------Cowboy
`Wrong about the Sprocket and rear Cog- That Thing Will Fly ...

@Wcben can probably offer insight as to year and value. You are correct regarding the chainring and sprocket. The gearing actually works out pretty close ot a standard drive train due to the size of the rear sprocket. V/r Shawn

Love that fork! O mama....thanks for sharing. 1915? Not sure the date range that fork ran for....i know it was available in 1915.... off the top of my head. Great score!

"Wrong about the Sprocket and rear Cog- That Thing Will Fly ..."

That is exactly the words I was thinking! That beast will eat up the miles when your up to speed. I've ridden my teens PIerce on the Bay Trail here the 28" wheels and large front sprocket with small 9 tooth cog just feels like a horse stretching out. And the packed sand jogging trail feels better than the pavement. Have fun with that great machine!

Gary

"Wrong about the Sprocket and rear Cog- That Thing Will Fly ..."

That is exactly the words I was thinking! That beast will eat up the miles when your up to speed. I've ridden my teens PIerce on the Bay Trail here the 28" wheels and large front sprocket with small 9 tooth cog just feels like a horse stretching out. And the packed sand jogging trail feels better than the pavement. Have fun with that great machine!

Gary

Gary, I suspect your bike does fly with a 9 tooth rear sprocket. However Junkhunter's bike above has a 16 tooth rear sprocket. That's why Shawn is correct "The gearing actually works out pretty close to a standard drive train due to the size of the rear sprocket".

A gear ratio calculator and a little math tells the story. Junkhunter's bike with 40T front and 16T rear sprockets combined with 28" wheels allows him to travel approximately 18 feet per crank revolution. Your bike Gary on the other hand with 40T front and 9T rear sprockets combined with 28" wheels allows you to travel approximately 32 feet per crank revolution. This is why Junkhunter's bike has a fairly normal gear ratio and your bike runs like a race horse!

Last edited:
Back