When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool Schwinn Dx photo!

-

barneyguey

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Howdy! I just bought this photo because I have a 1941 Schwinn Excelsior DX.
I thought this was pretty cool! I thought you fellow Schwinn freaks would like it too.
Once I get it in the mail, I'll get a better photo without the watermark put in it by the outfit I bought it from on ebay.
Bill Peters 1941 Schwinn DX.jpg

Cool. Looks like the frame is correct for the stand over method, but his seat is way the f up there. Or maybe it's the trousers that give the impression that his crotch is near his knees. :p

I like my seat high enough to stretch out my legs. :D
I painted the original tank and rack after repairing major damage.
I guess you could call it a partial Restroy job?.
I got the stensils on ebay and the paint on the web from a guy named Arron(I think?). I guess the blue fades to the lighter color after 77 years.
SAM_2409.JPG

The frame blue looks like what Schwinn called later the Spitfire Blue.

Cool. Looks like the frame is correct for the stand over method, but his seat is way the f up there. Or maybe it's the trousers that give the impression that his crotch is near his knees. :p

the seat is probably where it needs to be for proper ergonomics. I have found that most vintage bike people put the seat where it looks best and suffer along as they ride. proper seat height is when your knees are just slightly bent at the bottom of the pedal stroke. with a low seat you are using all the wrong muscles

Autocycleplain has it all figured out. proper seat height, a narrow saddle and pedals with some grip. you must also be a roadie or mountain bike guy like me

the seat is probably where it needs to be for proper ergonomics. I have found that most vintage bike people put the seat where it looks best and suffer along as they ride. proper seat height is when your knees are just slightly bent at the bottom of the pedal stroke. with a low seat you are using all the wrong muscles

Autocycleplain has it all figured out. proper seat height, a narrow saddle and pedals with some grip. you must also be a roadie or mountain bike guy like me
That's where I always felt the most comfortable and why that's the way I do it.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Here's a better photo for you folks to copy. I got it in the mail yesterday. No more water mark! Barry

1941 Schwinn DX Bill Peppers in 1942.jpg

Back