When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cool video will bring back memories for some of you

-
Oh yeah baby!! That brings back many memories for me!

I remember having a hand me down 66 stingray from my brother
Then saved my money & bought a 76 scrambler & loved jumping it over ramps & curbs

FLASHBACK !!! 1972 maybe 73, Long Island NY the ramps were always set up,At our Dead End Street,, we would move the ramps aside and played roller hockey where we sprayed painted the goalie crease And back then we jumped those ramps,,sometimes over the kids that dared to lay under them,,We were proud of our Duck Tailed fenders we had on our Schwinns or Huffys,the $$$ our parents had at that time to buy nothing'' but the best for us on what they had!!!Then we learned ..if you cut the forks off another bike ,,take off the front wheel..pound them on too the forks of your own bike ,,WELL THATS WHEN WE KNEW ,,AS KIDS ,,WHAT (BORN TO BE WILD MEANT)then we started sniffing Revells glue:eek:
THANKS schwinnguyinoh For the Flashback

never made our own jump like that but we knew where every natural jump was in the neighborhood. our favorite place was just an open field next to a body shop. it had its own little track there made by other kids with jumps. today we would all be arrested for trespassing.

In 1969 through 75 we had our own vacant lot thats now a strip mall. Built our own track out of the natural trails that we lined with the strings of red & white flags we stole from the motocross track at ORANGE COUNTY INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY, with big air jumps we named CANYON CRUNCH , a big hole filled with anything jagged , sharp, rusty, or rocky we could find in the lot to toss in the hole that you had to clear or land in, and another named VICTORY HILL , a BIG AIR JUMP at the end before the finish. We took lumber from the near bye new housing and built a tower for the for the kid that lived next to the lot to call the race with a bullhorn from.

Last edited:
Ah yes...my right shin still has the scar from a pedal slip with Hutch beartraps...a decade after the video, but similar pursuits

Back