When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake auction 3

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Looks kinda skimpy on the ballooner stuff. I think I'm watching about four items and nothing I can't live without. V/r Shawn

THE Belle of the Ball - Lot #49

I want the 1901 all nickel plated Pierce chainless.

I agree, the Pierce Pan American to me was the highlight of this whole collection. In 1901 it had it all, full nickeled cushion frame, chainless, and a Corbin manufactured New Departure Coaster Brake!!!!!!!!! Amazing bike for 1901. :cool:

26557701_zps168ef411-1.jpg

Here's the info I posted last year on this great bike;

http://thecabe.com/vbulletin/showth...-fanatics-quot-quot-Full-Nickeled-Pierce-quot

Doing some digging into 1901 Pierce bicycles and came across some interesting articles on Pierce and their "1901 Pan American Cushion Chainless" and "1901 Pan American Special Cushion Chainless" (a full nickel framed version). This includes a cool photo of their exhibit at the 1901 Pan American Exposition in Buffalo, NY. The Pan-American Exposition was a World's Fair held in Buffalo, New York, from May 1 through November 2, 1901. The exposition is most remembered or you could really say became infamous because U.S. President William McKinley was assassinated by an anarchist, Leon Czolgosz, at the Temple of Music on September 6, 1901. President McKinley died 8 days later as a result of the gunshot wound to the abdomen.

1901 Pierce Pan American Special full-nickel Cushion Chainless with a Pierce-New Departure Coaster Brake from the Pedaling History Bicycle Museum in Buffalo, NY of which all items are being auctioned by Copake in coming months.

g1901mens-1.jpg

January 4, 1901 "The Bicycling World and Motorcycle Review" on the full nickel 1901 Pierce Pan American Special.

bic412442131900281901newy_0441-1.jpg

Pierce display and article from the July 18, 1901 edition of "The Bicycling World and Motorcycle Review" on the Pierce Display at the 1901 Pan American Exposition

panamericanpierce1-1.jpg

bicyclingworldm431901newy_0285-1.jpg

November 1900 articles from "The Bicycling World and Motorcycle Review" on the 1901 Pierce Pan American models:

bic412442131900281901newy_0153-1.jpg

bic412442131900281901newy_0177-1.jpg

bic412442131900281901newy_0240-1.jpg

Lot 88 is just fascinating to me. 124 is just gorgeous and would be right at home in my collection :) the estimate is extremely fair for 299.

Lot 88 is just fascinating to me. 124 is just gorgeous and would be right at home in my collection :) the estimate is extremely fair for 299.

I agree with you completely about 88 and would love to know the back story on that one. It would make for a most interesting research project.

So who is attending? In case I get lucky on that Pierce I want to know if anyone could pick it up fo rme? I think I can go all in at $495 which is what I have saved up right now! Just kidding--about the Pierce--there are a couple of others I have an interest in and was wondering if someone might have some room just in case. V/r Shawn

Back