When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake auction and swap meet 2018

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I've sat thru the Copake auctions a few times and because of the online bidding from users all over the world the auction goes by rather slow. I mainly go to Copake just for the swap which is always a good turnout. This years catalog has a lot of bikes more then previous years it seems sad only 2 or 3 road bikes are in the auction.

Copake is showing up on all the Internet Auctions across the Country with Online Bidding for many and prolly the better bikes . So anyone that's going there will be competing with ghost bidders etc.. That more or less bothers me because of the distance and that's one reason I don't go ...........

I like internet bidding so I don't have go to any auctions but....

The downfall is a 23% buyers premium. Every 100.00 will cost you $23.00. It is getting ridiculous..

I remember Bonhams started that years ago so I stop buying there. Who wants to bid 50K on a car then pay another 12K in buyers premium then shipping the item.

I know the web sites all charge for using their auction platforms.

The charge is 5 percent and then there is the credit card of 3 percent.

The auction houses just keep putting those fee's on the buyer. Which in effect kills the item for the seller. I am comfortable with 15% as I think most people are. In the end the higher the auction house charges the lower bidders are willing to pay. At least that is the way I see it.

The best yet is Mecum Auctions. I sold cars and motorcycles at Mecum for 8%. Beat that. World Wide, World Class.

I think more and more people will just use ebay in the future, it just works fine at 13%.

I like internet bidding so I don't have go to any auctions but....

The downfall is a 23% buyers premium. Every 100.00 will cost you $23.00. It is getting ridiculous..

I remember Bonhams started that years ago so I stop buying there. Who wants to bid 50K on a car then pay another 12K in buyers premium then shipping the item.

I know the web sites all charge for using their auction platforms.

The charge is 5 percent and then there is the credit card of 3 percent.

The auction houses just keep putting those fee's on the buyer. Which in effect kills the item for the seller. I am comfortable with 15% as I think most people are. In the end the higher the auction house charges the lower bidders are willing to pay. At least that is the way I see it.

The best yet is Mecum Auctions. I sold cars and motorcycles at Mecum for 8%. Beat that. World Wide, World Class.

I think more and more people will just use ebay in the future, it just works fine at 13%.

I spoke to Mike Fallon and suggest using a left bid or phone bid and the buyers premium will be 18%.

I spoke to Mike Fallon and suggest using a left bid or phone bid and the buyers premium will be 18%.

I agree phone bidding is great. The problem I have had in the past (not with no one in particular) is you can't phone bid an entire auction so it is still 18% at the end of the day, 18% at 50K is still 9K. It still has an effect on the end sellers profit and the amount I want to bid. A 10K item will cost 11,800.00. When I last bought cars at Mecum for 50K at 8% I paid 4K. Just saying. All auction house are getting higher and higher. I can't understand why. The volume that can be accomplished today that wasn't probable 10 years ago should make the cost go down not up. Advertising is cheaper some company's don't even have print. Those that do want 35.00 for a catalog.

Just curious what people picked up to day at the auction. The Monark Five Bar I was interested in went for about $5100 by the time you figure fees and tax. I already have an original paint Five Bar so not terribly disappointing. I did pick up a mate to my boys '38 Twin Flex though! V/r Shawn

119243036.jpg

After reviewing the auction results it seems to me there were a lot of bargains to be had. That Rollfast V200 for $600 was a steal in my book. Looks like lower tier ballooners and restored Monarks went begging. I'm no TOC expert but it seemed to me a lot of the early safetys went cheap or at least reasonable. The decked out Meads did well but other teens bikes seemed to go cheap. I'm sure I'll see a lot of these again next week at MLC. V/r Shawn

Back