When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake Auction Bicycle Auction

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Really fabulous Roadmaster restoration on the auction list. Congradulations to a super restorer for the new paint, chrome, rubber, leather etc. Example of what can be achieved with hard work on the details of that era's bikes.
If your talking about this one then I would have to disagree. The details and level of workmanship is what separates an amateur restoration from a quality restoration. Anytime I see one of these cheap Persons repo saddles it tells me corners were cut. The paint pattern is not correct on this bike, the braces are painted, grips are wrong, the badge is not painted correctly and held on with pop rivets-c'mon man , I'm not sure the bars and stem are correct, and it appears someone chromed the seat binder. This is just the quick once over. You are right--it's the details and whoever restored this bike missed them. All that aside not a bad looking bike and Copake is the place to get the best money but no reserve auctions can be crap shoots. There will be bikes that surprise us in both ways in this auction--under/over achieving. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
For me it is just a matter of restraint and sensible reason. With a bunch of 70/80s lightweights (and others), I've finally reached a storage issue. This Auction is not the place for bargains. And my search for vintage Grail rides has become more an issue of tires, saddles, shoes, bars&hoods.

But it sure makes for nice eye candy 🙂 and pleasant dream fantasies. When I Win the Lottery, ...the price won't matter.
I'm still hoping there might be a couple of bargains in there but with advance bidding it sure does lessen the chances. V/r Shawn

There are at least a dozen vintage lightweights in my size to bid on. Thankfully, most of them are a bit too small.
@Freqman1 - no heartburn with your reply. I admire your optimism. I put in 2 bids on bikes with no minimum, fully expecting to lose.

For me it is just a matter of restraint and sensible reason. With a bunch of 70/80s lightweights (and others), I've finally reached a storage issue. This Auction is not the place for bargains. And my search for vintage Grail rides has become more an issue of tires, saddles, shoes, bars&hoods.

But it sure makes for nice eye candy 🙂 and pleasant dream fantasies. When I Win the Lottery, ...the price won't matter.
If you win the lottery which is even a bigger dream you won't care about bike anymore..

Back