When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake Auction Results

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I generally agree that prices were depressed. I'm not so sure it was due to tax refunds though. I've noticed the first part of this year has been down across the board on a lot of stuff. Also just not the quality or quantity this year at the auction. Looked like the swap may have been the best part. I did pick up another sled but really wanted that Merc trike. Oh well MLC/AA are almost here and I'm sure I'll come home with some goodies. If you want to read my rundown of this auction you can check my blog here https://vintageamericanbicycles.com/index.php/2019/04/14/elementor-2623/

V/r Shawn
Nice job Shawn

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Soooooo, who here got this one, ready to flip it?
PM me...I like this color combo.
a40e88a8bb071e068a239c6d5010ed71.jpg

@jd56 Dood! This was your bike, why didn't you bid?? Even with shipping (I would have gone U-ship from NY to VA) it would have been as good a price as you can expect for one of these. I'm shocked you didn't go after it...?

Shawn, very nice write up on the auction... I've never seen that blog, is it yours?

Besides a brutal tax season this year with fewer returns, prices might have been depressed because I think a lot of money left Copake at the swap the day before. Maybe they should do the auction before the swap next year?

I also did not know Copake allowed reserves?? @ivrjhnsn says the Bluebird and Iver were NO sales and didn't meet reserve?? I didn't see anywhere in the catalog that there are reserves... what a waste of time for bidders if there are silent reserves.

@jd56 Dood! This was your bike, why didn't you bid?? Even with shipping (I would have gone U-ship from NY to VA) it would have been as good a price as you can expect for one of these. I'm shocked you didn't go after it...?

Shawn, very nice write up on the auction... I've never seen that blog, is it yours?

Besides a brutal tax season this year with fewer returns, prices might have been depressed because I think a lot of money left Copake at the swap the day before. Maybe they should do the auction before the swap next year?

I also did not know Copake allowed reserves?? @ivrjhnsn says the Bluebird and Iver were NO sales and didn't meet reserve?? I didn't see anywhere in the catalog that there are reserves... what a waste of time for bidders if there are silent reserves.
Yep that's my blog/website. Launched earlier this month. Still a lot of work to do but I'm slowly getting there. V/r Shawn

I wanted it and or the other one that had wrong parts and also repainted.
Wussy when I do the auction thing.
Years ago I had a bad bidding experience with the Copake auction.
But, I would have bid the estimated value if I trusted myself to do it right.
It was a great price for a fully restoration.
In fact I wouldn't have been upset if I scratched the new repaint.

I found that vendors on the field wanted top dollar and there were bargains to be had at the auction. I paid more $ than I care to admit for the ND hub on Friday, but got the nickel plated seat frame for 20 bucks in the auction. The auction was too long and people were leaving - too many stupid items like boat anchor car parts. If someone wants a '60s intake manifold they drive to a junk yard on a weekend, not Copake once a year. The stupidist item was a lot of bug sprayers. Decent bikes were selling for ten bucks near the end as a result.

...I had tons of fun overall though. I lost the bidding on the Fenton tandem, so no romantic rides with the Mrs., but we'll see what next year brings.
20190414_171906.jpg

The seller was a valued customer that had a lot of un reserved items in the auction, these two bikes they allowed him a reserve. I respect that, but they should not hide it either. I believe thet tried to build momentum and hope they met reserve. By no means do I want to dis-respect to Copake Auctions.

Last edited:
Back