When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake Auction Results

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonatic

Riding my '39 Silver King 26X
I was just looking at the results from today's Copake auction on Live Auctioneers - the market looks a bit depressed, but everything seemed to go for "going rate"... nothing really seemed to ring the bell. And a lot of bikes went very cheap...

My feeling is it's tax time and many people did not get the refund they expected, in fact many had to pay this year, so prices were subdued.

Sorry I cannot post the results here, I was only able to see them by logging in to Live Auctioneers, but here are some of the highlights:

Men's Silver King "wingbar" - Hammer - $4500 + 18-23% premium + 8% New York state sales tax + possible shipping brings the final outlay to close to $6,000.

Ladies "wingbar" Hammer - $3000. Out the door close to $4K all said and done.

Bluebird Hammer $8750 A little over $11K all done.

'39 Columbia Hammer - $2100 Out the door close to $2800

1908 Iver Johnson cushion frame Hammer - $9250 Close to $12K all said and done.

Dayton Safety Streamliner Hammer $8250 Close to $10,500. all done

Shelby Streamline Airflow $5500 Just over $7K all done

If you were there in person, what were your impressions of the sale? I have always wanted to make this auction, show and ride, but haven't been able to make the journey so far. Maybe someday.

I thought the auction was good. Got a great deal on a box of seats but that was it. Nothing that i couldn’t live with out that I could afford anyway even though a lot was going for great bargains. There was a lot of stuff in the way of bikes like a bunch of random car parts going for almost nothing and dog scarer pistols and some other stuff. It was 2:30 when i left and they had only gotten to number 450ish. It was cool to be there and see everything but wish it was more bike focused

I generally agree that prices were depressed. I'm not so sure it was due to tax refunds though. I've noticed the first part of this year has been down across the board on a lot of stuff. Also just not the quality or quantity this year at the auction. Looked like the swap may have been the best part. I did pick up another sled but really wanted that Merc trike. Oh well MLC/AA are almost here and I'm sure I'll come home with some goodies. If you want to read my rundown of this auction you can check my blog here https://vintageamericanbicycles.com/index.php/2019/04/14/elementor-2623/

V/r Shawn

Sorry I forgot to mention the two Clippers.. mens restored and orig. paint ladies:

Mens restored clipper hammer price $1300. sold to a floor bidder so add 18% + 8% tax and if you had to pay for shipping, I know auction shipping can be murder.. all said and done a little over $1600 without shipping. I don't know values on those bikes, but it seems pretty low to me... well bought.

Ladies orig. paint Clipper: hammer $600. also seems to have sold to a floor bidder, so $764. not including shipping. So sorry @fordmike65 I know that's gotta hurt... to me extremely well bought. I would have thought a bike like that would have brought at least $1500..

So, it appears there were some pretty good bargains to be had.

Did anyone get any goodies at the swap? What kind of bikes or parts changed hands? What was the stellar piece rumored to have sold, or did anyone pick up?

Back