When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake Auction Results

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
I found that vendors on the field wanted top dollar and there were bargains to be had at the auction. I paid more $ than I care to admit for the ND hub on Friday, but got the nickel plated seat frame for 20 bucks in the auction. The auction was too long and people were leaving - too many stupid items like boat anchor car parts. If someone wants a '60s intake manifold they drive to a junk yard on a weekend, not Copake once a year. The stupidist item was a lot of bug sprayers. Decent bikes were selling for ten bucks near the end as a result.

...I had tons of fun overall though. I lost the bidding on the Fenton tandem, so no romantic rides with the Mrs., but we'll see what next year brings.
View attachment 980623

Do you know how much that wingbar project went for? I wanted to stick around for it but couldn’t wait for another 2 hours with like 2 bikes every 25 items.

Yes, the wingbar project hammered for $1800. + 23% fees + 8% tax, + the ride if you need to ship... all said and done, somewhere around $2350.

...To clarify my earlier comment, I personally don't think there's anything wrong with some cool car stuff, as many of us are into cars as well, but it should have universal appeal. The test should be: "Gee, that thing would look cool in my garage or man cave." If the item is specialized and 100% of the bidders are instead saying: "Gee, I can't use that part 'cuz I don't own a 1941 Packard", then it probably shouldn't be in the auction. - just my 2 cents. Again, I had a really fun couple of days and will go again.

Last edited:
The seller was a valued customer that had a lot of un reserved items in the auction, these two bikes they allowed him a reserve. I respect that, but they should not hide it either. I believe thet tried to build momentum and hope they met reserve. By no means do I want to dis-respect to Copake Auctions.

For sure, no disrespect to Copake. I went back after my last post and read their CONDITIONS OF SALE and very first thing mentioned is "1. Some of the lots in this sale are offered subject to a reserve."

Personally, I really don't like auctions with reserves, it sort of defeats the purpose. If you have a reserve, why not just offer for sale at that price via Ebay, or the CABE, or other private sale venues? What often pushes bidding is the idea that an item will sell to the highest bidder. It's the same on ebay... I often won't bid on reserved items, it's a waste of time and shows my hand for what I'm willing to pay but I don't get the item. When I sell on ebay, I do not put reserves on my auctions; I start the bidding at $9.99 and let 'er fly. I often get more for the same item others are selling with a buy it now, or a reserve. It's a psychological strategy that gets the job done... an actual sale at the max the market will bear.

So closing prices on those two bikes only serves the seller while the bidders get hung out to dry revealing what they would have paid, and the auction house loses the sales commission too. The only one who benefits from reserves is the seller. Any items in an auction that don't meet reserve should show a "NO SALE" or "PASSED" rather than the closing bid - posting those numbers is misinformation, that's my take anyway.

I was just looking at the results from today's Copake auction on Live Auctioneers - the market looks a bit depressed, but everything seemed to go for "going rate"... nothing really seemed to ring the bell. And a lot of bikes went very cheap...

My feeling is it's tax time and many people did not get the refund they expected, in fact many had to pay this year, so prices were subdued.

Sorry I cannot post the results here, I was only able to see them by logging in to Live Auctioneers, but here are some of the highlights:

Men's Silver King "wingbar" - Hammer - $4500 + 18-23% premium + 8% New York state sales tax + possible shipping brings the final outlay to close to $6,000.

Ladies "wingbar" Hammer - $3000. Out the door close to $4K all said and done.

Bluebird Hammer $8750 A little over $11K all done.

'39 Columbia Hammer - $2100 Out the door close to $2800

1908 Iver Johnson cushion frame Hammer - $9250 Close to $12K all said and done.

Dayton Safety Streamliner Hammer $8250 Close to $10,500. all done

Shelby Streamline Airflow $5500 Just over $7K all done

If you were there in person, what were your impressions of the sale? I have always wanted to make this auction, show and ride, but haven't been able to make the journey so far. Maybe someday.
Where do they get off charging 18-23% buyers fee? That's more than they charge to buy high end cars? And 8% sales tax on top of that? It's no damn wonder prices and sales were down!!

I feel worse about leaving this Colson behind for the price it brought. https://copakeauction.hibid.com/cat...icycle-and-automobilia-auction/?q=colson+tank . It had Colson script pedals and a rim profile I've never seen before.

IMAG5377.jpg

IMAG5378.jpg

Back