When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copake Observations

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
results are in

this one stumped me :
"C. 1935 Ingo-Bike, MFG. by Ingersoll Division of Borg Warner Co., designed to achieve perpetual motion with it's off set hub rear wheel. Nice restored condition."

IMO, a poor restoration when you closely look at the pictures, sold for : Price Realized: 3,894.00 USD

Who are the bidders? and why aren't they coming to the for sale section on here instead?
I may have dreamed this but I think I recall that this particular Ingo belonged to the Ingersoll family. Like getting Ignaz’s personal Schwinn. I can’t think of any other reason for the exorbitant hammer price.

*shameful advertising
to whoever the buyer/bidders of lot 312, I have a two identical little trikes that I would sell. Price Realized:590.00 USD
and
to whoever the buyer/bidders of lot 595, I have three of them, also for sale! Price Realized:177.00 USD

:)

Copake brings together a diverse group of buyers who may not be 'regulars'. The auction atmosphere seems to drive prices higher as I think some either get caught in the moment or develop a "I won't lose attitude". I hope Copake is still going strong when it comes time to let go of my collection--I see a whole summer in Europe! BTW if you have a LiveAucioneer login you can see all prices realized and I expect they should be up on the Copake site soon if they aren't already. V/r Shawn

I was shocked about this. Weren’t all those ROG signs modern reproductions?

F032686E-B245-420C-8D2D-98466225E9A0.png

With all auctions, rational thought is replaced by emotion in all it's complex forms.....

I just think that’s bad form. If not fraud. I don’t like how they were spaced out in the auction, covered in dust and shuffled in between authentic items. Yeah I get the whole “buyer beware” but they are a reputable company…not some shady eBay seller. Yes they took pictures of the backs but that could represent a lot of things.. reframed, restored, from a museum etc. I understand with bicycles things can be unintentionally overlooked. You have to be a historian to know what’s what in most cases…but a stack of reproduction signs is a stack of reproduction signs.

I just think that’s bad form. If not fraud. I don’t like how they were spaced out in the auction, covered in dust and shuffled in between authentic items. Yeah I get the whole “buyer beware” but they are a reputable company…not some shady eBay seller. Yes they took pictures of the backs but that could represent a lot of things.. reframed, restored, from a museum etc. I understand with bicycles things can be unintentionally overlooked. You have to be a historian to know what’s what in most cases…but a stack of reproduction signs is a stack of reproduction signs.
Spaced out and "covered in dust", ?, with all due respect, we called them decorative and any bidder that inquired was told they were not old, we use the term decorative for items that are not old, they were high quality well done signs and brought prices that reproductions bring, they would have brought thousands if they were old signs and we would have called them antique etc.., certainly on no level do we try and get things over on anybody, we would never consider doing something like that.

Spaced out and "covered in dust", ?, with all due respect, we called them decorative and any bidder that inquired was told they were not old, we use the term decorative for items that are not old, they were high quality well done signs and brought prices that reproductions bring, they would have brought thousands if they were old signs and we would have called them antique etc.., certainly on no level do we try and get things over on anybody, we would never consider doing something like that.
Also the guy that bought that Columbia sign is a friend of ours and was well aware of its age, he wanted it to hang above his bicycle.

If the auction said reproduction and the signs were placed near each other they would have sold for substantially less than what they did. I feel that they were misrepresented.

A1C1083E-0D41-4034-9CEA-4FE255CDD76C.jpeg

Back