When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper bike... What is it?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

kirbin_old_spokes

Look Ma, No Hands!
Picked this frame up but having a hard time getting and ID on it. Anyone help me with figuring out the make? It also came with copper fenders.

Also, is there such a thing as a copper bike from the factory or is this likely plating done after the fact?

Thanks in advance!

4e2fad95c4d4de94c1aab3ab15329ccd.jpg
93c5eef34917d4dd8ff4a61b7b8d549d.jpg
a10911d9d62a29e50922f6c3024186ec.jpg
63f8beab7a2cdd3a87f4e43bbd0e2261.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is copper magnetic? Can we detect some level of attraction with a small magnet? Is a magnet attracted to the frame/fenders? Could the frame/fenders be electroplated?

Last edited:
If that's copper plated it would not look like fresh copper unless it was clear coated with something. It would look like an old penny. Maybe someone shot the bike with some Coppertone translucent paint?
confused2.gif

Is copper magnetic? Can we detect some level of attraction with a small magnet? Will a magnet be attracted to the frame/fenders? Could the frame/fenders be electroplated?

It is magnetic so definitely not solid copper. I was guessing electroplated by the owner at some point since the crown race is also plated. Doubt that would happen if this was a factory job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back