When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coppertone Typhoon

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Tim the Skid

Skidding on my '41 Schwinn Autocycle
I have two unfinished projects that I started in January and had no business picking this up at the local auto swap meet this weekend, but Coppertone Schwinns are my Kryptonite. Plus the sale price was less than the cost of a two speed kickback hub. It has a Bendix 2-speed kickback and most of it's original parts and I think there is some shine left under all that dirt and light rust. I'll post more pictures as I try to save this one.
copper1.JPG

copper3.JPG

copper4.JPG

Spent a couple hours today on the Typhoon. Stripped and lubed the chain, took the 2-speed Bendix apart,cleaned and repacked the BB bearings, lubed the front hub, and tried to clean some of the chrome. Made a nice smooth rider out of it today, but it's going to have to wait for a teardown and detail job as I have two unfinished projects from January I have to finish first.
The Schwinn Chrome from the 60's comes back to life!
copper1 typhoon.jpg

Back