When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coppertone Varsity Tourist Barnfind *Warning - Crappy Pictures!*

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

sworley

I live for the CABE
Pulled this out of a barn, it belonged to my wife's uncle. I have not looked at the SN yet. I will start to hose it off tomorrow but thought I'd share.
I also pulled out this Zephyr BMX bike that belonged to her cousin and I will focus on that more intently.

thumbnail_IMG_0108.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0109.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0111.jpg

-----

Good Morning and thanks for posting these two! ;)

Is the white material on the Varsity chicken...um...calling cards?

Great that it appears to be all original with no damage.

Looks like the last person to ride the BMX really liked to "push."

Shall look forward to following along as you begin to work with them. :)

-----

I bet likely more like pigeon poop but who? Gross. Likely the Varsity will get reasonably cleaned up and donated to a good, local home.

I don't believe that BMX bike has been ridden in decades. The boys who used to are in their 40s now.

The Varsity tourist is probably a '67 model. It was the crossover point for Sprint chainrings with a guard and the first year for stem shifters and color matched grips. You should wipe it down and post some more pictures.

The Varsity tourist is probably a '67 model. It was the crossover point for Sprint chainrings with a guard and the first year for stem shifters and color matched grips. You should wipe it down and post some more pictures.
CC sn so spot-on analysis! I knew it was kinda on the earlier side with that Sprint chainring and those decals. Neat!

-----

should you elect to hose off the Varsity for starters to clear some of the guano you could do so in such a way as to catch the runoff and apply it to the garden - great fertilizer!

-----

-----

thanks for the update!

now with the guano gone we can get a good view of the oxide ferrous. ;)

question for the Arnie experts -

i think of the first derailleur geared Varsity model as the eight speed of 1960

what year did the Varsity Tourist model launch, how long produced?

thanks very much for any information :D

-----

Back