When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corbin Duplex #8 Hub Cog Doesn't Engage

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

ktk17028

On Training Wheels
I have a Corbin Duplex #8 rear coaster hub that was original equipment on an early Great Western Mfg. Company "Crown Cyrus" bike and the cog does not engage the hub when pedaled or spun forward. The coaster brake mechanism appears to work properly when the cog is pedaled or moved in reverse.
Is there an easy fix for this issue? I have not taken the hub apart to inspect.
Appreciate any help that can be provided.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

20221003_170610.jpg

20221003_170658.jpg

20221003_170812.jpg

20221003_170909.jpg

I haven't taken one of these apart, but have worked on many other hubs.
It's pretty much always either a part that is worn/broken, or just old hardened grease that causes a hub to not work properly.
You may get lucky and find a diagram here on the cabe, showing how it comes apart and goes back together, or someone may have such a diagram they could post.

i've taken apart tens of duplexes - these are super easy to work on, not many parts. ive never come across that problem - but if you take it apart im sure you will see something off - maybe a stripped clutch

1664988742148.png

Thanks so much! Will probably take it apart and see what is going on. Sold the hub on eBay yesterday and noticed the cog was not engaging prior to packing for shipment so I canceled the sale as I thought it was in good working condition. Once again, appreciate the help and the parts diagram.

Yes, as previously stated sold the hub on ebay and when preparing to ship discovered it was not working. Canceled the sale and asked this group for help in diagnosing the potential problem. Decided to offer it for sale in these classifieds and also relisted it on ebay for $165.00 where it sold immediately when listed. So the ebay link that was provided was the original listing prior to dicovering the problem.

Back