When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corbin & New Departure Hub Dating Project - Need everyone's help pre-1933

-
Saturday morning FUN with a cartoon!!!!!!!

I grew up in an era I remember very fondly. It was an era that seems long ago now back when there were only three TV channels and now we have more than three cartoon only channels which run 24 hours a day, all year long. Back in the day most TV stations signed off from midnight or a little later until 5:00 or 6:00 AM the next morning. Never understood why but that Midnight or 1:00 AM sign off by the stations always scared the crap out of me. It was in many ways a much simpler time. If you wanted to see cartoons, you mostly waited for Saturday morning from around 8:00 AM to Noon when all three stations ran cartoons such as Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, the RoadRunner, Deputy Dawg, Casper, Mister Magoo, Johnny Qwest, followed by Scooby Doo later and many many others.

So with these thoughts in mind sitting here typing on a Saturday morning, it seems an appropriate time for another circa 1905 to 1910 New Departure Coaster Brake cartoon postcard featuring a childhood nursery rhyme, "Jack & Jill".

1760_jpg-1.jpg

Last edited:
Sunday night FUN-time with a New Departure Postcard.....

circa 1905-1910.

1758_jpg-1.jpg

Got a couple of books yesterday with New Departure articles/sections I'll try to post this week after I get them scanned......

Could this...?

Could this be a part of an early Corbin?

I had this on the junk pile.

IMG_1476-1.jpg

I love the cog with the phone dial holes on my hub. Anybody have any ideas as to
removing it? The hub itself is thrashed, but the cog is wonderful. I wish I could get
it off, I imagine it comes off counter clockwise?

MORE EVIDENCE: P.&F. Corbin only manufactured.....

coaster brakes for New Departure Bell Company in 1898 & 1899 is found in the book "Bristol Business and Industry" by Lynda J. Russell. Here's the Reference on this page:

IMG_1496-1.jpg

Here's the remainder of the info on New Departure in this book:

IMG_1487-1.jpg

IMG_1504-1.jpg

IMG_1505-1.jpg

IMG_1498-1.jpg

IMG_1508-1.jpg

IMG_1510-1.jpg

Speaking of bells, here are three nice old New Departure bicycle bells.

The one on the right is bigger, possibly a motorcycle or trolley bell?

Does anyone know how to fix these?

IMG_1484-1.jpg

Last edited:
Back