When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corbin & New Departure Hub Dating Project - Need everyone's help pre-1933

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
New Departure solid bar hourglass "M" Front that came with the Model D w/o oiler. (late 32/early 33 1st version D?) The bike the wheelset came on is a late 1933 Colson Motorbike. Early nickeled clincher 26" Lobdel's were laced to these hubs w/14/16 gage spokes. These 26" Lobdel rims were started up around late1933 through the mid-30's. Most examples were early 30's bikes that I've seen.
IMG_1930.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

Last edited:
A big thank you, shout out to Ed "Catfish" Popowitz for helping me get these two hubs mated up.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
These are labeled as Deluxe model D and Deluxe model WD.
I had only seen one other large flange New Departure hub before, and it was marked General Motors Corporation.
I had never heard of a Deluxe model D or WD hubset before.
Has anyone seen any literature on this hubset before?
I haven't explored the possibility of the front brake or two speed kits yet, but I suspect that they are both compatible.

A big thank you, shout out to Ed "Catfish" Popowitz for helping me get these two hubs mated up.
View attachment 801069 View attachment 801068 These are labeled as Deluxe model D and Deluxe model WD.
I had only seen one other large flange New Departure hub before, and it was marked General Motors Corporation.
I haven't explored the possibility of the front brake or two speed kits yet, but I suspect that they are both compatible.
:eek::eek::eek:
@rustjunkie

View attachment 801069 View attachment 801068 These are labeled as Deluxe model D and Deluxe model WD.

Great find! The first one I ever saw (and only one I ever got) was on a ~1940 Schwinn Ranger at Memory Lane in the last 1990s, it was a DeLuxe WD. The bike was a a roller w/o any sheet metal.
Located a DeLuxe D with help from some friends and put the set on the Alexander Rocket. Never have seen another until now.

full?d=1453332056.jpg

Pre 33’ nickel plated New Departure Model B.M.

Side by side with a later chrome plated ND S.M. they are nearly identical in construction save for the oil port & slide cover.

4989dc1c7a4a955f968264d7e0fd0378.jpg

4e4c3aca7a5b9c01854cc3e2165f1177.jpg

7dd884b068c07314de290fae66190e1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back