When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronavirus effect on bike hobby?

-
My brothers GF last her job of 20 years, as a Bartender she has tons of competition for work. My nephew was driving for Uber while attending school..now both have dried up! He's super upset and as a young person is fairly emotional (angry). Everything changed so fast for him that he was left totally unprepared! Smart and motivated, he's a bit lost at this point...we've been talking but he lives about 5 or 6 hrs. away! He sounds so stressed and defeated, he feels that where ever he turns, it's closed doors. I left him with some good family news and it cheered him up a bit , but I expect that to be short lived.

Stay Healthy everyone,

BART

I would hate to be young just starting out. Enough obstacles in the way already. Hard enough to be "of a certain age" and see the Golden Years in jeopardy .
Maybe a good time to go for a bike ride! Weather permitting!

no need really:

I for one hope to be able to live out the the rest of my life and still be able to use the post office. I also want option of using cash any time I please (BEWARE when you can't). I don't accept any form of electronic payments, but then again I'm not dependent on these few sales for my income.

Went to grocery store early this morning, empty shelves and too many people. I also took a certified letter to Post office, no line. Trying to avoid crowds since last week. Everything seems to be canceled...scary in more ways than one. The economic result will most likely be as bad or worse than the virus.
I’ve been planning on a few spring and summer swap meets. I’m waiting to see a cancelation notice on a couple due to County mandated gathering size limits.
It’s been cold and wet here so my bike work has been almost non existent. I do have an old 30’s Westfield replacement fork coming for an old Columbia bike. I have some bikes listed on Facebook Market Place but not responses that carry out to an end result. Everybody seems to want a gift transaction. Some folks don’t appreciate the value of parts included on whole Bikes. I’ve known for a while but have resisted parting stuff out. If the virus gets me there will be some bargains to be had.
Probably going to be a slow year...2020 that is.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What are you guys thinking about when it comes to this. Will it affect how you collect, what you buy, sell? Just wondering what most think in a crazy time like this.

I have eight bikes. Might compare me to this.

1584564196261.png

Rosa has her handlebar around my shoulder.

Went to grocery store early this morning, empty shelves and too many people. I also took a certified letter to Post office, no line. Trying to avoid crowds since last week. Everything seems to be canceled...scary in more ways than one. The economic result will most likely be as bad or worse than the virus.
I’ve been planning on a few spring and summer swap meets. I’m waiting to see a cancelation notice on a couple due to County mandated gathering size limits.
It’s been cold and wet here so my bike work has been almost non existent. I do have an old 30’s Westfield replacement fork coming for an old Columbia bike. I have some bikes listed on Facebook Market Place but not responses that carry out to an end result. Everybody seems to want a gift transaction. Some folks don’t appreciate the value of parts included on whole Bikes. I’ve known for a while but have resisted parting stuff out. If the virus gets me there will be some bargains to be had.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good luck to you. I have a bad feeling

I’ve been planning on a few spring and summer swap meets. I’m waiting to see a cancellation notice on a couple due to County mandated gathering size limits.

Tonight we ducked out to get an Rx at the drugstore, and called in an order for some Chinese take-out otw home. The restaurant, which is usually slammed with people waiting in line, was completely empty. I remarked about it at the counter, and the gal who works there, also is a chef at the local pub. She says she is one of four staff members left. They laid off 34 people. Y'know, I can't help but think this is going to be pretty bad and take a longer time for people to recover financially.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tonight we ducked out to get an Rx at the drugstore, and called in an order for some Chinese take-out otw home. The restaurant, which is usually slammed with people waiting in line, was completely empty. I remarked about it at the counter, and the gal who works there, also is a chef at the local pub. She says she is one of four staff members left. They laid off 34 people. Y'know, I can't help but think this is going to be pretty bad and take a longer time for people to recover financially.

In my 70+ years I’ve never seen anything close to this. I remember hearing my grandparents and folks talk about how things were during WWII. At least people were working or fighting and then there was the rationing. The uncertainty was there, the fear. Afraid this may end up worse. Beyond words.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Back