When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Coronavirus effect on bike hobby?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
This got real for me today. Not sick but I got furloughed from work. Will be applying for unemployment soon. The good news is I still have a job to go back to but it may be awhile (that is, if the company doesn't go under). The virus is doing a number on the world economy. This will be felt for a long time.

I'm focusing on staying healthy and taking care of my family. Others are way worse off so I feel pretty lucky.

This got real for me today. Not sick but I got furloughed from work. Will be applying for unemployment soon. The good news is I still have a job to go back to but it may be awhile (that is, if the company doesn't go under). The virus is doing a number on the world economy. This will be felt for a long time.

I'm focusing on staying healthy and taking care of my family. Others are way worse off so I feel pretty lucky.
will pray fer you buddy.

One of the most disturbing aspects of this whole thing is the stark contrast between seeing the reports of people getting sick, some dying, and the horrendous effect on the economy of all this, and then all the people out walking, jogging, riding bikes, going to the park. You see the empty restaurants, empty parking lots, closed stores, and then you see a mother walking with three kids where all three kids are on bicycles and having a blast. You're hearing on the news that they can't bury people fast enough in Iran and Italy, and that there are thousands of cases in New York, and then you'll observe many people just out for a walk in the local nature preserve. You go to the grocery store and people are stressed out and shelves are bare of many items, and then you'll see the same people going for a run on the sidewalk and enjoying themselves 30 minutes later.

It's all a bizarre combination of a pandemic, a stock market crash, recession, people having fun, springtime, fear, and leisure.

I am 58 and a heart disease victim also , I'm concerned , but still looking for parts to finish what bike projects I have . I told my son I wouldn't leave him much , but the barn will be full of classic bicycles to deal with .
Hang in there!

Weddings and funerals have been banned in the KC Metro area. At least it's not like in Italy (yet) where bodies are piling up in churches because there are no funerals.

In KC, Groups larger than 10 are not in compliance. Going outside with the family is not being discouraged as long as it's family and in small groups. Just don't mix with other groups. Doing activities to stay fit is being encouraged.

My bike shop here in Detroit is currently ordered closed. That my change soon however I’m not too thrilled to have lots of people in until this passes. Up north there seem to be lots of people ; every cabin & house has cars. Everyone is outside all day.
We can and should do a solid 3 weeks to let this thing die out.. Grocery stores here are almost back to normal with stock.
If AA show is cancelled I’ll understand but it will suck. I urge paul to wait and not scuttle the show just yet.

I pulled out a couple of bikes today, time to mock them up and do some sanding and priming. With this free time I’m going to take advantage of it in my garage. That is the only thing I have control over.
I also recommend limit news time to 20/30 minutes a day or you are going to bum yourself out.

I am having a hard time deciding on which project to put together........
I think that in the Cabe tradition I might start a thread and get opinions from the peanut gallery!
I have four different ones to refinish..... maybe five.
once I get pics i will post them...... called my covid builds......

In Sedgwick County we have 30 day “Stay at Home” order in effect that started today. No travel other than essential services, there is a list of exceptions that are considered essential. No group gatherings larger than 10, not sure how thats suppose to apply to grocery stores. Our grocery store is suppose to implement a 7-8 shopping period MTWT for seniors and mobility impaired folks to do their shopping. Not sure if first responders are to be included or not.
I went for a 11.66 mile bike ride this morning to clear my mind. Bike riding is legal if social distance is maintained.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back