When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Alternative on Persons Tool Pouch

-

Michael Boyd

Finally riding a big boys bike
Is there a correct alternative to the Persons Tool Pouch used on G519 bicycles or is anyone reproing them. Just curious, Mike

Is there a correct alternative to the Persons Tool Pouch used on G519 bicycles or is anyone reproing them. Just curious, Mike
No one is reproducing them right now. The only correct tool bag is the issued one. They do periodically show up for sale.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Ok, so when you are displaying it or using the bicycle at a WW2 living history event, if you haven’t found one yet(since they seem a little scarce) , do you go without?

A lot of the PERSONS tool pouches did not even last the war. When you look at some of the wartime pics the tool pouch as well as pump and even the delta light is missing, usually I suspect, due to wear and tear. Go without the pouch and if anyone asks tell them somebody took it while you were attending a pre-flight meeting on base. The last original pouch that I recently saw on ebay went for $405.00 before shipping cost.

Good idea! And one could always sling the old Musette Bag on the bike...
Which brings up another question....
Did any of the WW2 US military bicycles have a rack on the rear fender?

What about these Persons tool bags? Are they the same dimensions as the military tool bag ? It stands to reason Persons wouldn’t necessarily change all the tooling to create another tool bag. The one style appears to have been slightly upgraded with jewels and studs for that ‘50s appeal. (Images came from two older CABE listings.)

1B2F30B7-458E-455E-AC84-0D054E5ABB8F.jpeg

F9C23B88-1340-4384-AFB8-3B7805ED5A8D.jpeg

That top of be looks like it would work, what is the date on that one?
I honestly couldn’t tell what the date(s) of manufacture are. I used photos from previous “for sale” images as examples. But if I had to guess I’d hazard that Persons had leftover materials from wartime production and continued to make and sell their tool bags without the OD paint scheme. But that would depend on someone offering the rough dimensions of an original from a G519. Note also, the second version with the studs also has a changed stamp reading “Genuine Leather”.

Back