When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Decal for this Shelby Motorbike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for the link, it looks like I just missed the boat
On Ebay now http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=352344846366
McCauley.jpg

Thanks to Dave and Chris especially for the input. My decision based on the available info is to go with "Western Flyer" white letters, metallic gold outline. All literature I've seen of early Shelby tanks shows a solid color (not paneled) so that is what I'm going with. Milton's original color was a royal blue/white head and darts so that's what I'm going back with. Going to do a rustoration so I can retain the seat and avoid an expensive chrome bill! V/r Shawn

Thanks to Dave and Chris especially for the input. My decision based on the available info is to go with "Western Flyer" white letters, metallic gold outline. All literature I've seen of early Shelby tanks shows a solid color (not paneled) so that is what I'm going with. Milton's original color was a royal blue/white head and darts so that's what I'm going back with. Going to do a rustoration so I can retain the seat and avoid an expensive chrome bill! V/r Shawn
If you come up with a pattern, I'd be interested....

Dave,
Your right I could go either way here but kind of like the WF graphic a little better and it's different. Also the ads you show with the "Flyer" decal are earlier than my bike and the evidence you presented tends to lean towards the WF decal. Chris also thought the WF decal would be more appropriate so that's what I chose. Until I see a legit, original paint WF badged Shelby motorbike or period ad we will never know for sure which decal it had. Knowing Shelby it could have been done with both! Thanks for your help on this. V/r Shawn

Back