When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct light for 1947 hextube

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dennis71

Look Ma, No Hands!
The first photo is an ad from 1947.
The head light is all silver in color, top and bottom.
Is the 1947 light all aluminum?
Top aluminum bottom steel?
Is it chromed or what?
Is the bottom sometimes red or white?
The second photo, May 1985 cyclist mag,the light bottom is red?
Some are flat on top and others are not.
Are any of the light parts “hextube” specific?
How about year specific??

I would like to acquire the original but need the facts.
Attached are some other photos of others.

Fenders

The fenders on the bike in the photo have the duck tail(or whatever)??
Are these stainless?

I have a 1947 and my fenders do not have the “duck style” and a magnet sticks to them. Are my fenders original??

39F3EE6B-50F9-47C5-83BF-C931BD786020.png

E9F93CC6-DACE-4766-BBE9-54A9ECA7B66B.png

B811A444-6E1A-4A99-A263-3A39F5251742.png

7D9E20CC-3AEA-452A-8086-53C53BB08B68.png

9FF28E43-E98C-4248-84DC-EC5BDAEA8493.png

67006718-4131-4D1F-9380-9DE2F94980A4.png

I wouldn't take that ad illustration as gospel. I see other discrepancies in the ad besides the light. All of the original bikes I've seen have the red bottom and aluminum top. The other lights you show are all incorrect for a Hex Tube and that last one is a crappy repo light never used on any vintage bike. I don't claim to be an expert though so maybe @monark-man will weigh in here. V/r Shawn

I wouldn't take that ad illustration as gospel. I see other discrepancies in the ad besides the light. All of the original bikes I've seen have the red bottom and aluminum top. The other lights you show are all incorrect for a Hex Tube and that last one is a crappy repo light never used on any vintage bike. I don't claim to be an expert though so maybe @monark-man will weigh in here. V/r Shawn
Thank you for your response. The first picture is of a Monarch Silver King advertisement. It appears to be an original promotional advertisement put out by the manufacturer. Can I take that ad only for gospel?
With the all silver headlight??

Thank you for your response. The first picture is of a Monarch Silver King advertisement. It appears to be an original promotional advertisement put out by the manufacturer. Can I take that ad only for gospel?
With the all silver headlight??
I would like to find more old photos of the bikes back in the day maybe before the lights were removed.

Back