When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct Pedal Size

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Aieeejo

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I'm starting to restore my old 1973 Schwinn Collegiate Sport 5-speed. It'll need replacement rat-trap pedals, and I'm unsure of the correct size. eBay has various offerings in 1/2" and 9/16". Knowing the lack of attention to detail of many eBay sellers, and adding in my own void of knowledge on the subject, I'm skeptical that these may actually be the same size, just sloppily measured or listed.
Does anyone know where I would find the info details for my bike, or better yet, does anyone here know the proper size?

Thank you very much!

If you have the one piece forged crank it would take the 1/2". Not sure exactly what minor details a 1973 has, but here is a set supposidly off a 75 model.

Aieeejo:
Here's a picture that shows what the 1/16" difference looks like between 9/16" diameter pedals and a 1/2" diameter pedals. There are probably some other, exotic sizes, but I've never run across any.
Have fun

Aieeejo:
Here's a picture that shows what the 1/16" difference looks like between 9/16" diameter pedals and a 1/2" diameter pedals. There are probably some other, exotic sizes, but I've never run across any.
Have fun
View attachment 1175940
Excellent answer & illustration Andy! A picture's worth a thousand words! Thank you very much.

If you have the one piece forged crank it would take the 1/2". Not sure exactly what minor details a 1973 has, but here is a set supposidly off a 75 model.

Thank you, Wiz!

Back