When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Correct pedals for a 52 Schwinn Hornet who out there knows ???

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
You can't go wrong with Torrington 8's. Were these identical in details for all the years they were produced, highly doubtful.

Highly doubtful indeed. There are many variations, and it doesn't seem to be as simple as prewar vs postwar. I've been watching for a while now and I can't make any sense out of it. Even Torrington's model numbers don't make any sense.

I have seen Schwinn Bottlecaps, Meteor 3, Torrington ?. Does anybody out there know what was correct?

If you wind up having to guess, I'd skip the Meteors and anything else that is swaged together so you can't service it. Torrington 8s and most other main line Torringtons are rebuildable and have high quality spindles that don't bend easy. That's why they are so popular.

Most commonly the "bottle cap" Schwinn approved for most Straight bar Hornets 48 and up
The vast majority that I've seen on the 1950's units that are untouched and the rusted up pieces had the Torrington 8. ?????

1608420166817.png

Back