When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corvette 59 - 3 speed hub

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Matthompson

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi guys

The corvette 59 is shaping up well. I would like to take off the rear drive wheel to get things clean. It appears to have a unique tool to do so which I don't have then a spring clip.

Also the hub itself? From similar you tube videos I've seen it looks pretty tricky to strip down the whole hub. Any videos/write ups for this specific hub anyone know of? Do they generally benifit from overhaul?

Many thanks
Mat

OK....so by taking off the spring clip things start happening....

A simple exterior cleaning is done that way - remove the circlip, spacers, and cog. Remove the dust cap. Keep them in order so you will remember how to space out your chainline when you put it back together. Remove old grease and grit with some WD40 and a brass bristle brush. Once the outside is free of grit and old grease you have to decide whether to re-do the grease seals in the bearings or just run on straight oil.

Back