When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Corvette - Red - paint decision?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Matthompson

Look Ma, No Hands!
Hi guys.
My corvette 59 is now stripped and many of the parts are coming up really well. However I'm a little disappointed with the paint. It just seems so thin in many places that getting a decent overall finish isn't going to be possible. However it will look 'lived in' !

Also there is grunge around the seat tube over the upright decal which is coming off when removed. (Is there a source for these decals?)

Alternatively it's a respray though I'd pay to get this done. I would be worried then that the frame looks amazing and some of the components look 'under par'...I guess it's all about a good ba lane to the look.

Thanks
Mat

Go with "lived in". If you re-paint it the components will not match and you go down the road of a total restoration which will cost way more than the bike is worth. Post a pic of the decal but I believe they have been reproduced. V/r Shawn

Last edited:
I use Turtle Wax's polishing compound in a bottle, a liquid not the paste, for cleaning the yellow/brown grunge off of decals. Very gently dab and wipe on with a soft rag pulled over a finger. If the decal is weathered severely even a wax will remove it, so at this point replacement is probably the way to go.
Bicyclebones (Dan) has the decals but I don't see any individual seat tube decals listed. Right now he has just the set listed but he does sell the individual pieces so maybe contact him. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schwinn-App...512206?hash=item569bb4e98e:g:WHUAAOSw-kdX1KCD

Back