corvette year

This ad disappears when logged in

spoker

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
Mar 3, 2011
Minneapolis, United States
corvette serial number p62888 ,march 55,is that considerd a late 55 or early 56?

spoker

Mar 3, 2011
happy hour a little early today?easter isnt in march,gotta og lite and front carrier?

mruiz

I live for the CABE
Mar 25, 2008
Chester Virginia
I say 56, because the seat on the 55 should be the hard core brown. But then again, that could have been change.

Sven

I live for the CABE
Dec 24, 2017
Mechanicsville, MD, United States
I say 56, because the seat on the 55 should be the hard core brown. But then again, that could have been change.
That is true, The 55 and 56 had the tan seats..Probably switched out to the bi color seat to match the paint
The Serial number verifies the the year born on the bike. The crank will also have a date on it.

spoker

Mar 3, 2011
55 had the tan seat that was rhe same as the new world in 54,the new world seat was black,the 56 had the 2 tone seat that always fell apart,thats why schwinn started the rivit seat,of course there are always overlap,so specific parts are not an indication of the acual sale date, i have 2 earley 55 models with tan seats,they both have the straight back handle bars,forward rivit rear chainguard rivit,and the same brake levers as 54 new world schwinns,the late 56 and 57 had diverent bars and brake levers etc,early 55 came with the long rear leg front carrier,later 55 and 56 had shorter legg front carriers,lot of subtle differences in 55 serial number frames than late 56 an all 57 models

Jeff54

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Sep 11, 2013
Ft Myers, Florida
happy hour a little early today?easter isnt in march,gotta og lite and front carrier?
Ha, ha! But actually I figured you'd had to many.

A March bike would be for spring or early summer sales, duh. as for the seat though, brown vs multi-color, IDK. It could of sat in manufacture's warehouse till built but that's way to speculative. I'd stick wit the basics, go find ya a brown seat an 55 carrier, call it good, an Easter bunny egg blue [grin] . (Easter sales were big ticket fer toys, ya know)

spoker

Mar 3, 2011
Ha, ha! But actually I figured you'd had to many.

A March bike would be for spring or early summer sales, duh. as for the seat though, brown vs multi-color, IDK. It could of sat in manufacture's warehouse till built but that's way to speculative. I'd stick wit the basics, go find ya a brown seat an 55 carrier, call it good, an Easter bunny egg blue [grin] . (Easter sales were big ticket fer toys, ya know)
4 sure,dont 4get egg dye!!,i checked there firm at $150,without lite and carrier,and ot has lots of miles without the 3 impotrant goodies[seat,lite,carrier]just another middle weight schwinn well used[typoon]etc

This ad disappears when logged in
Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture