When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cotter Press..right Tool For The Job

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Dale Alan

I live for the CABE
Like the saying goes,right tool for the job. This tool is priceless to me,very seldom do I need to get the hammer and punch out. If you don't have one you will be very happy if you buy one.That steady pressure just where you need it makes a great deal of difference.
IMG_1520.JPG
IMG_1523.JPG

Like the saying goes,right tool for the job. This tool is priceless to me,very seldom do I need to get the hammer and punch out. If you don't have one you will be very happy if you buy one.That steady pressure just where you need it makes a great deal of difference.View attachment 296314 View attachment 296315
Is that the tool that would make my life easier taking out crank arm cotter pins from my Raleigh crank arms?

And here's a new one off the shelf:
http://www.bikesmithdesign.com/CotterPress/
If you do any work with cottered cranks, you really do need a press both for removing and installing the cotters properly.

I love that Bike Smith press. I have one, and it has never failed (knock on wood) to remove a pin, even one that's been in 80 years. I also got the fixed cup tool from them.

Coincidentally, Bike Smith makes Raleigh pattern cotter pins as well. The "Grade A" pins they sell are actually of a higher quality than even the original Raleigh pins, at least in my experience. The metal is a bit harder and dimensions less variable than even the originals I have used.

That bikesmith press looks well made,I like the idea of using a wrench.I have thought of welding short 3/8" adapter so I could use a ratchet on mine.

Back