When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cottered Crank arms for TOC tandem

-

slcurts

Finally riding a big boys bike
I have a TOC tandem that uses cottered crank arms, but the two left-side ones are missing. Modern Raleigh-type cranks fit fine but of course don't look right.

Need two left-side cranks, cottered, 6.5" center-to-center, TOC-appropriate, that use 1/2" pedals.

I might have one for you. I have one set aside as a replacement for my Buffalo Cycle Components tandem.

It is close, but does not match my originals. I will take a picture of it.
The ones that I am looking for are like this

I have a TOC tandem that uses cottered crank arms, but the two left-side ones are missing. Modern Raleigh-type cranks fit fine but of course don't look right.

Need two left-side cranks, cottered, 6.5" center-to-center, TOC-appropriate, that use 1/2" pedals.
I have some of those!

I looked at the pictures. Mine are not like that sorry for not checking first.

Norm

I will dig today, just need two more measurements @slcurts just to be sure we match up with what you already have.
The diamter of the crank axle that fits into the crank arm and the overall length end to end of the crank arm.

It may be tough to find an arm with the right ultra-straight line profile but I will look, there were a few companies that used very similar styles albeit they will be different sizes / dimensions so we'll see what we can figure-

I will dig today, just need two more measurements @slcurts just to be sure we match up with what you already have.
The diamter of the crank axle that fits into the crank arm and the overall length end to end of the crank arm.

It may be tough to find an arm with the right ultra-straight line profile but I will look, there were a few companies that used very similar styles albeit they will be different sizes / dimensions so we'll see what we can figure-
Just now saw this; I thought this thing sent emails when you had new messages? Anyway the diameter is 5/8" nominal (.625") though mine measure more like .620". The overall length is about 7 1/2", maybe a hair more, but I'm not super fussy about that. Raleigh arms are actually a pretty good match except they're chrome plated and fit 9/16" pedals.

Back