When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

could this be a T.O.C bike ?

-
I agree, by shortly after the turn of the century, the clip style headset was no longer or rarely used on bikes built in America. In addition, Very few companies continued to make courting tandems. The only post TOC courting tandem that I can think of is Colson, I don't remember ever seeing a tandem with this drag link coming out of the seat tube.

I’m always learning and Craig has seen quite a few more bicycles than I have but while this machine does look rather “clunky” I think it may be 1890’s none the less. I would be interested in seeing a Teens tandem built this way as most I’ve seen end up with the man up front after around 1910 outside of the Colson exception from the 30’s -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was there a Yellow Fellow courting tandem built in the teens? I know a collector who has one - very cool with the chain between frame stays - but he thinks it was built in the teens. He thinks Stearns switched from yellow to brown rather than it being a repaint. It seemed earlier to me.

My vote on the one in this thread is 1890s.
Nice bike.

Back