When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple a cute little crusty's.

-

mike j

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Found these, waiting for me, when I came home from work the other day. Evidently a friend dropped them off. The boy's is a 24" Huffy & the Girl's is a 20" Stelber. I guessing 50's. Anyone see any potential, at the risk of alienating many people, I'm just not feeling the love of crust.

fullsizeoutput_33e.jpeg

DSC02652.JPG

DSC02653.JPG

DSC02656.JPG

Rat Rod Family?

Well, maybe not rat rod but patina rods? Lube all bearings, lightly (especially around the branding letters) sand to remove loose rust and get to a decent base and preserve with matte or flat clear coat. Didn't I read somewhere that boiled linseed oil is also sometimes used?

Why a family? If dad or mom is a patina type and already has an adult size, these would be great for the kids. I like restored, unrestored, semi-restored and rat rod bikes (although I don't think I'm using the proper term to describe what I am envisioning).

From looking at the pic, and maybe my old eyes are mistaken, it seems they're are not too far gone to have some family fun with. Grease, sandpaper, a couple of torn saddles (pedals look useable) and some linseed oil.

You could have a lot of family fun for little more than the price of 5 minutes a at theme park! ;)

Back