When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple-a-middleweight saves

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Amazing restoration/clean up. This thread was is better then some books iv read lately.
Awesome! O trust me if you think this one is good, you haven't gone thru my Cycle Truck build! Lol

Awesome! O trust me if you think this one is good, you haven't gone thru my Cycle Truck build! Lol

Ok, wow. I didn't even consider cutting off bad parts of bikes and welding on diffrent parts, and the front fender! It was its own tragedy/love story all together. Amazing, incredible work. Makes me feel like I need to do this hobby more justice.

Ok, wow. I didn't even consider cutting off bad parts of bikes and welding on diffrent parts, and the front fender! It was its own tragedy/love story all together. Amazing, incredible work. Makes me feel like I need to do this hobby more justice.
Thanks for checking it out! I get called crazy all the time because I will save the worst looking bikes but there is something in my personality that helps me see beauty in the forgotten and unloved. I like that fact that what I do makes people look at their "parts bikes" a little differently.

Here's a picture of a '60 that I recently finished. Started off about where you did but had to free the headset from the welds holding it to the stem.

IMG_20201117_115319331.jpg

Here's a picture of a '60 that I recently finished. Started off about where you did but had to free the headset from the welds holding it to the stem.

View attachment 1362887
Thats a really good looking bike, especially in red! You're not alone because I have a 59 that had the crank hardware tack welded to the friggin arm. Havent dealt with that yet.

The fenders were pretty good to begin with but I'm getting pretty good with some hammers and dollies. I repainted it after I stripped off a DIY paint job that was basically paint over everything then "adorned" with some silver pinstriping tape. In this picture, you can see the welds at the top of the head tube and the stem. Part of what was welded together was the bracket for the front rack. I chose the Speedster route because I like painted fenders and blackwall tires. The two speed was removed from a '59 girls Fairlady and added to the Speedster.

IMG_20180923_132218445.jpg

Last edited:
There are guys advertising fender rolling in the Services part the Etc. Forum. Or, if you think you have enough fenders, and want to learn a new skill, Harbor Freight has a small English wheel that can be used to roll fenders. A local collector has such a wheel and has rolled fenders for me. They've turned out really nice.

Back