When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Couple of JC Higgins

-

Goldslinger

Finally riding a big boys bike
A local bike shop manager sent me these pictures. He knows I like old bikes. They look pretty original. Cleaned up and new tires I think they would be pretty nice. He is asking $300 for the pair. Any thoughts. Thanks Sam

A local bike shop manager sent me these pictures. He knows I like old bikes. They look pretty original. Cleaned up and new tires I think they would be pretty nice. He is asking $300 for the pair. Any thoughts. Thanks SamView attachment 1536022
View attachment 1536023
I think it is a decent price for the 2 obviously I would attempt to come in a bit lower but for two complete bikes I think it is a good deal as is.

Cousin Goldslinger:
The bike with the white tank is a 1960 Deluxe Flightliner (6K4606N). Looks like it is all original including saddle, hand grips, tail lights, and pedals. However, it needs whitewall tires. Not sure about the red tanker but it could be a 1961 "equipped" bike (W6A457NY). Also looks all original. I agree with Cousin Coasterbrakejunkie about the economics. Have fun!

The illustration of that bike in the Hurd - Gordon "Colletable ..... " book shows that bike with pedals with three jewels in them.

Like these:
1641341204604.png

Last edited:
The illustration of that bike in the Hurd - Gordon "Colletable ..... " book shows that bike with pedals with three jewels in them.
Professor Rivnut:
You are correct! The catalog cut shows the pedals emanating "sparkle lines" and described as "de luxe reflector bow pedals." The pedals in Goldslinger's photos look like the pedals on my 1960 "Equipped Flightliner." I guess my dad didn't want go for the extra $10 for the De luxe model.

I would not really want either of them.These bike dont get much money even in really nice shape.extra clean ones are good lookin bikes .I would say the red one is a $75 bike and maybe $125 on the other because of their conditions.

Back