When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craig's List Ad of the Year

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

bikemonkey

I live for the CABE
1556532508363.png

It's a cool GT at a fair price...but the seller's text...o_O

Just keeping scrolling down and reading...

thats pretty much how my adds are worded,send return ph number with email,no text etc,if imgoin to buy ,address without ph number=no travel

Thank god he's not trying to charge by the word!! Took longer for him to make the ad, then it did for the manufacturer to make the bike!

I like it. Maybe I should copy and paste for my own ads, and just change the bike info. Should weed out most of the idiots.

CL
  • greenville > bicycles - by owner

reply ☎x prohibited[?]
favorite this post GT TEMPEST MTB,AL Frame,Clean/Serviced, 1995 - $130 (GREENVILLE, SC) hide this posting
image 1 of 4
00O0O_4QyATwVM01r_600x450.jpg

00O0O_4QyATwVM01r_50x50c.jpg
00g0g_31MPVpycKPL_50x50c.jpg
00S0S_f2vPhatBSMH_50x50c.jpg
00K0K_TuD9z78ZRk_50x50c.jpg

bicycle frame material: aluminum
bicycle type: mountain
brake type: cantilever
condition: excellent
electric assist: none
frame size: 22.5 Inche or 56.7cm
handlebar type: flat
make / manufacturer: GT
model name / number: TEMPEST
serial number: SK5G2592
suspension: none (rigid)
wheel size: 26 in
GT TEMPEST MTB, AL Triple Triangle Frame~very strong, Clean/Serviced, 1995
GREENVILLE, SC 29607. Click: "google map" on right in blue to see from out of town how far.
Men height: 5'10" to 6'3" ESTIMATE
Lady height: 5' 8" up [WILL VARY as all ladies do, proportioned different than men.]
Frame size 22.5" or 56.7cm. Crank center to top of seat frame tube. NOT the rims.
Stand over height 31". Center horizontal frame tube to ground.
# Seller will know if ad has been read. No read=No sell #
NOT a business or store. For Sale by Owner. ##No checks or online pay services.##
READY TO ROLL! ** Give away price ** Hardly used**VINTAGE 1995
CLEAN. No rust. LIGHT WEIGHT.
OPTIONS included: Bottle holder.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~RECONDITIONING DONE~ {Retail value is $100. Sell price includes.}
•Painstakingly degreased and cleaned. No rust.
•Brakes: Adjusted for tight quick stop.
•Gears: 21 speeds. Adjusted.
•All bolts tightened. Including headset and cranks.
• Inflated to 55 pounds. {Near New 26 tires.}
¢All external moving parts lubricated: derailleur's, chain, brake levers, shifters, pedals, seat post++.
•Scratches- Touched-up with auto paint to preserve and protect. [If you expect no scratches, then buy new bicycle.]
{How much would above service cost @ bicycle shop? Good and Plenty¿}
•Seller will adjust seat correctly for rider height based on approved method.
• Seat will not be adjusted too low. This is Safety.

NO evening show. LEAVE PHONE#, YOUR NAME and BRAND in your message:
BRAND and MODEL: GT TEMPEST. NO TEXT MESSAGES. NO Google Voice.
Speak distinctly when leaving message. No text to landline calls.
BEFORE 4 PM: eight 6 four, two 3 four, zero zero two 7. show contact info
"In God we trust, all others pay cash." No phone price negotiations.
No cryptocurrency, Paypal, checks, beads, booze, seashells, barter or trades. Cash sale.
-------------------------------------------
~+SPECIFICATIONS+~
Frame Construction Welded aluminum
Frame Material 7005 aluminum, heat-treated
Fork GT Chromoly, unicrown crown
Brakeset Shimano Altus C90 brakes, Shimano AceraX levers
Shift Levers Shimano AceraX RapidFire TX
Front Derailleur Shimano AceraX, bottom-pull/clamp-on 31.8 mm
Rear Derailleur Shimano Alivio
Crankset Shimano AceraX, 24/34/42 teeth
Pedals HTI P-76 AL
Rear Cogs 7-speed, 11 - 28 teeth {21 speeds}
Chain Shimano CN-UG50, 1/2 x 3/32"
Seatpost Alloy micro-adjust, 26.8 mm diameter
Saddle GT MTB Racing
Handlebar Extensions included
Handlebars GT AL multi-position
Handlebar Stem GT chromoly
Headset 1 1/8" sealed mechanism
Wheel Size 26" wheels
Hubs Shimano Altus C90/Shimano AceraX
Rims Mavic, 36-hole {Made in France.}
Tires 26 x 2.10" Tioga Psycho II
Spoke Brand Stainless steel, straight gauge
Spoke Nipples Brass nipples
Color: Green
Made Japan 1995 s/n SK5G2592 MSRP $499
Rider weight limit 235 pounds. Stopping distance will be increased for Bluto.
(Are we having fun yet?)
=======================================
Will meet @ easy common place in GREENVILLE, SC.
NO SHIPPING, NO delivery to your location. No meet half way for out of city buyers.
No trade for cars/trucks, mopeds, boars, donkeys, clunkers, mobile homes, toasters, your x girl/boy friend, ATV, MTV, 8 track tapes or big box TV.
True buyers afforded deserved best courtesy and red carpet.
Not obligated to sell to or entertain: Analysis Paralysis, Big Hat-No Cattle, Bottom Fisher, Can't speak English {take free ESL course}, Chiseler, Curiosity Seeker, Disability Injury, Dork, Expectations Above Ad, Fraud/Spam, Fruitcake, Goofball, Grand Poo Bah Ego, Illiterate, Insufferable, Joyrider, Lacky, Lookyloo, Lost in Space, Low-ball, Malcontent, Marketing Survey, Matron, Memory Lane Stroller, Misanthrope, Mystery Shopper, Nerd, No $ to buy, Nobody Talker, NO READ AD, Nothing to do but inquire on ads, Nut Cracker, Perfectionist, Quack, Quintessential Dreamer, Re-seller, Retired Poker, Tire Kicker, Vitriolic, Vulture, Wacko, Weirdo and Window Shopper.
{Go to Mall, Bike Shop or Amazon for that¿. Or go to REI and talk to PJ for enchanting story, hand holding and high new prices.}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HUMOR SECTION~ Remember what they said:
Lee Iacocca: *Lee Iacocca: "If you can find a better car, then buy it!" and "Lead follow or get out of the way!"
Born: October 15, 1924 Lido Anthony "Lee" Iacocca is an American automobile executive best known for inventing Ford Mustang at Ford Motor Co. in 1960's. Later saved Chrysler Corp. from abyss, as its CEO during 1980's inventing Mini Van, K-Car and Corinthian Leather. More quotes:
* "Management is nothing more than motivating other people."
* "You can have brilliant ideas, but if you can't get them across, your ideas won't get you anywhere."
* "The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family."
* "In times of great stress or adversity, it's always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive."
* "We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
* "The speed of the boss is the speed of the team."
* "In the end, all business operations can be reduced to three words: people, product, and profits."
* "My father always used to say that when you die, if you've got five real friends, then you've had a great life."
* "We are continually faced by great opportunities brilliantly disguised as insoluble problems."
* "The discipline of writing something down is the first step toward making it happen."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Packard: "Ask the man that owns one." {Packard made finest USA cars. Went Bust 1959.}
*Richard Butterfield: "The quality of the product is remembered long after the price is forgotten."
*Warren Buffet: "The dirt comes out in the rinse cycle." and "Price is what is paid and value is what you get."
*Peter Paul: "Those that can-do. Those that can't-teach. Those that can't teach- teach the teachers."
*Alfred E. Newman: "What me worry?" {Mad Magazine}
* JFK: "We must deal with the world for what it has become, rather than what we had expected it to be." 11/22/63
* Leslie Faye: "Life is not a dress rehearsal."
* Jonathan Swift ~ "Vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others."
* John Bogle: "Information is separate from and building blocks of knowledge. Experience is doing, followed by wisdom learned from outcome." {May 8, 1929 to January 16, 2019} Vanguard founder.
* Mark Twain: "A man who will not read is just as ignorant as one who cannot read." and
" History does not repeat, but it rhymes." {November 30, 1835 to April 21, 1910}
* Terafumi Sasocki: "Every dog has its day."
* Live the life you love and love the life you live. Live and let live.
* You can sit in the waiting room or wait in the sitting room. (Who said that?)
* ALS: "Everything in life is relative to what your used to."{Born 1926}
* Tony Rose: "Show me a rose or leave me alone."
* Yogi Berra: "You can observe a lot by watching." AND
" You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going, because you might not get there."
" If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else."
" I never said most of the things I said."
" The future ain't what it used to be."
" A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore."
" Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets."
" I wish I had an answer to that because I'm tired of answering that question."
" It was impossible to get a conversation going, everybody was talking too much."
" You should always go to other people's funerals; otherwise, they won't come to yours."
" Nobody goes there anymore. It's too crowded."
" There are some people who, if they don't already know, you can't tell 'em."
" You better cut the pizza in 4 pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat 6."
" It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future."
" I'd find the fellow who lost it, and if he was poor, I'd return it."
" We make too many wrong mistakes."
" When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
" It ain't over till it's over."
Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra (May 12, 1925 -- September 22, 2015)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Peter Bernstein: "There is no certainty. Rational people do not bet the ranch on a model with an [R-squared] of less than 1.00, that works out only for the most part. And God forbid it works out only for the minor part!
Consequences, not probabilities, determine the decisions that matter."
*"Cash talks and B**L S**T walks." [car salesman said this.]
*Albert Einstein: "Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."
* "Once you stop learning you start dying."
Thanks for looking. {Are we having fun yet?}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~HISTORY and ABOUT~
GT was founded in 1979 by Gary Turner and Richard Long in Santa Ana, California and was noted at its inception for spear-heading the prominence of BMX bicycles, later for developing a range of bikes around its "triple triangle" design, very strong. At the end of its independent history, winning a commission to manufacture a $30,000, 16lb. carbon fiber "Superbike"[1] for the 1996 Summer games. GT sponsored numerous race teams and individuals, including noted riders Rebecca Twigg and Juli Furtado.
GT Bicycles designed and manufactured road, mountain, and bmx bicycles -- originally in the United States. Was sold to division of Canadian conglomerate, Dorel Industries, which also markets Cannondale, Mt.Shasta, Schwinn, Mongoose, IronHorse and Dyno bicycle brands, all manufactured in Asia.

In 1998, the company went public and subsequently merged with Questor Partners, then owner of Schwinn. The conglomerate went bankrupt in 2001 and was acquired by Pacific Cycle, which was in turn acquired by Dorel Industries in 2004.

3249.png
3249.png
3250.png
3250.png
3248.png
3248.png
3248.png
3249.png
3247.png
3247.png
3247.png

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap