When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Craigs List, disappointment and keeping your word

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks to all!

My post is making lite of the situation. I thought many could relate to it. The fact that I am disappointed is mostly because I had hoped to find a keeper . The money I paid was fair for the parts I got. No problem there.

I wish I did not get grumpy in my response to Godzilla.

Sorry.

Jim
I must be missing part of the story here. you told a guy you would buy the bike before seeing it, then it wasn't as nice as you thought and bought it anyway?

Yes. I did hand the money to him in the driveway with the bike right in front of me. I then approached the bike to wheel it to the van when I inspected the other side expecting symmetry in the condition. When I noticed the condition I was super disappointed that I would not be adding it to the collection.

I did not make clear in my story, that the rear wheel, seat, sissy bar, rear fender, console (did I mention that the shifter was not inside the console?), bars, crank, chain guard and caliper are a nice score in anyone's book. I did not lose money. I lost an addition to the collection.

Looks like all the comments have about covered the situations we face when buying online. Pic's always look better then in person, no matter what the item. One thing I do is copy to download and then enlarge to get a better view of details. Still a crap shoot and a time game when you find a score. I think a counter offer in person is ok when you notice the reality and extra cost you will encounter. The worst is the Ebay purchase where you already paid and don't see it in person till it's way too late. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Sound familiar ? That's why if I miss a deal, I figure it most likely wasn't as good as my expectations anyway and I still have my money !

. One thing I do is copy to download and then enlarge to get a better view of details.
I pretty much do for almost EVERY item Im interested in on CL.FB,etc..Because most people cant take a good picture if lacking on info..Happened earlier today with a chainsaw..I saved/edited the photo on my own JUST to SEE what model it actually was as they didnt state it in the ad..:rolleyes: They took the picture from about 5 feet away from the chainsaw/label on it.. :neutral:

I did better yesterday. Spent fair money and got a keeper (and 2 bikes that I knew enough to pick up, but not enough to know what I have). This Chopper is the same year and model as the green one. Condition is nearly perfect. Wrong guard and missing prop, but I knew that going in. Pics right out of the van, not even dusted off...
FLTF1505.JPG

Very Happy.

DNXR1841.JPG

SKQW6966.JPG

Not sure what I have here. Not sure what is missing. I see that the head light bezel set up is off. And there might have been a tank and rack at one time. I looked through 100's of pics before I saw another sprocket like this one. This will be fun to play with while I decide what to do with it. No guess on the year.

IMG_0473.JPG

I really like this old Gal. Someone has fun designing this bike. Neat touches everywhere. Missing taillight bits and what ever mounted on the front fender. Probably a 1,000 dollar light. The tire are so hard they feel solid. Guessing 1940 ish?
IMG_0493.JPG

Thanks for looking,

Jim

Back